Category : Blog
This blog covers some basic tips and tricks for getting good prints.
A) File repairing in Netfabb
Sometimes when you slice a file, you get unexpected results like model is not manifold, feature missing etc. The easiest way to repair this problem is to use Netfabb. Netfabb offers a powerful & useful tool for repairing STL files. Netfabb Basic is free to use.
After opening the file in Netfabb, press the ‘+’ Repair icon on top menu. Then click Automatic Repair and select Default Repair and click Execute. The software will repair your file.
B) Problem of warping
This is a very common problem which most people face. If you notice that your print is warping then following tips might help you.
- Make sure that the fan and other sources of air are switched off.
- Check whether the heat bed is hot enough or not. Increase the temperature of heat bed by few degrees and check if warping still happens.
- If you are printing directly on a heat bed or glass, then using a kapton tape or blue painter’s tape might help.
- Sometimes, adding a brim or raft also helps.
- If you are printing with ABS, you can use some ABS slurry on the glass plate. ABS slurry helps in better adhesion of the print.
C) ABS Slurry
ABS slurry is a mixture of ABS and acetone and helps in preventing warping issues.
- Put some ABS material in a glass jar or a small container.
- Add some acetone to it.
- As you add acetone, ABS will start dissolving.
- Wait for some time and stir the mixture.
- As there is no standard ratio of ABS to Acetone, you need to experiment what works best for you.